I'm Back to Blogging - To-Do Lists & Organisation!

00:58

So I've been trying to blog on here for years. Literally. But I always forget! And by forget I mean I always feel like I have literally nothing to blog about. My life is not interesting enough, I do not buy new clothes regularly enough to make entire posts about a new addition to my wardrobe. I just go along with my daily life like a regular person.


The thing is, I love blogging! I love just writing what comes out of my head, and writing about anything that happens. I just always worry that i will not be able to write enough, and that nobody who reads it will actually find it interesting,

So, I've decided that I'm going to start writing a blog post here every week. I will be adding it to my daily to-do list once a week if that day is one I can fit the time into. Today's one of those days. Plus I'm up early and I can't sit around doing nothing anymore these days - I always have to be doing something. I'm not even sure that's good for me to be honest. I think I'm just catching up on lost time.

I've been writing daily to-do lists for about 2 weeks now. To-do lists are not something new to me however - I have always used them at work and I used them to organize myself at university and sometimes at school. But until now I've never used a to-do list on my days off, when I have 'nothing to do' or when I have personal projects - like writing a blog post or filming a video - to do but I 'can't find the time.' To-do lists basically force me to formally process what I want to achieve that day - whether big or small - through writing and seeing it written down in front of me, and through this I pretty much MAKE the time to do them as I love the simple act of crossing one thing off the list as it feels like an accomplishment.

I guess I would call my natural self an 'organised procrastinator' - I always used to get done what I needed to get done - and more - in uni, but I'd procrastinate a fair bit while I was at it. Looking back I'm quite impressed I managed to do anything before the last week of any assignment: P No, to be honest I was never lazy - my mum instilled a strong work ethic in me from a young age - to always try my best, and so that's what I always tried and try to do. And I am disappointed in myself when I know that I could have tried harder.

So basically, to-do lists have been instrumental in me becoming more organised and less of a procrastinator. They allow me to get done what I need to get done while making those things feel like little goals accomplished, and they allow me to take breaks when I need to, but not let those breaks go on for longer than necessary.


That's today's to-do list - after I've finished writing this I'll be able to cross no.1 off the list, which makes me very happy because i get happy from silly things. I also write the mundane things like getting the washing and washing up done because yay adulting.

As I'm writing this I've been listening to this beautiful piece  - and it helped me get my thoughts out I think: P

Anyway - have a great day!

Peace! xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts